Invite Anyone makes BuddyPress’s invitations features more powerful. The plugin has two components:
The ability to invite members to the site by email. The plugin creates a tab on each member’s Profile page called “Send Invites”, which contains a form where users can invite outsiders to join the site. There is a field for a custom message. Also, inviters can optionally select any number of their groups, and when the invitee accepts the invitation he or she automatically receive invitations to join those groups.
The email invitation part of the plugin is customizable by the BP administrator, via Dashboard > BuddyPress > Invite Anyone.
By default, BuddyPress only allows group admins to invite their friends to groups. In some communities, you might want members to be able to invite non-friends to groups as well. This plugin allows you to do so, by populating the invitation checklist with the entire membership of the site, rather than just a friend list.
Because member lists can get very long and hard to navigate, this plugin adds a autosuggest search box to the Send Invites screen – the same one that appears on the Compose Message screen – which allows inviters to navigate directly to the members they want to invite.
Some users have reported problems when the plugin is activated sitewide. If you are getting PHP errors on subdomain blogs when the plugin is activated across your WP installation, consider activating it only on the BuddyPress blog.
Invite Anyone has been downloaded [downloadstat url=”http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/invite-anyone/stats/” get=”total” autop=”false”] times. Are you using this plugin? Consider a donation.
Read an old comment thread related to this plugin here.
- Dutch – Jesper Popma
- Italian – Luca Camellini
- French – Guillaume Coulon
- Russian – Jettochkin
- 0.6.5 – July 10, 2010
- Workaround for “headers already sent” issue on group invites
- Fixed a number of variable type problems with email invitation pages
- 0.6.4 – July 7, 2010
- Fixed bug that kept item group invitations from being sent
- Fixed bug that prevented Send Invites profile tab from being hidden when access control was set to Administrator
- 0.6.3 – May 12, 2010
- Fixed bug that showed non-activated users in group invitation list on some instances of single WP
- Fixed bug that limited number of displayed groups on invite by email screen
- Cleaned up the appearance of the group list on the invite by email screen
- Fixed bug that may have cause foreach problem in email invitation
- 0.6.2 – May 8, 2010
- Fixed bug that kept group invitation member ddst from being populated on some non-MU setups
- Fixed bug that kept non-admins from seeing Send Invites group tab
- Fixed bug that prevented JS and CSS from loading on invitation step in group creation
- Fixed bug that caused email fields not to load properly in IE – thanks, techguy!
- Added do_action hooks for other plugins (eg Cubepoints) to access
- Added filter on acceptance URL and action hook before accept invitation screen for plugins to access
- 0.6.1 – April 27, 2010
- Added checks to allow email invitations to work when groups component is disabled
- Fixed l18n bugs in error messages
- French translation added – thanks, Guillaume!
- Russian translation added – thanks, Jettochkin!
- Updated translations
- 0.6 – April 23, 2010
- Plugin now includes a widget for email invitation from any page
- Sent Invites sortable by email address, date invited, date
- Invites can be cleared from Sent Invites list: individually, all accepted, all invitations
- Created admin controls over who group admins/mods/members can invite to groups
- Admins can now allow customization of invitation’s main message but still have control over a non-editable footer
- CSS issues fixed
- 0.5.2 – April 12, 2010
- Added Italian translation (thanks, Luca!)
- Removed “Want to invite…” prompt from Send Invites screen during group creation
- Attempted a fix for certain in_array errors in css/js loader file
- 0.5.1 – April 9, 2010
- Fixed bug with subject/message content when email is returned as an error
- Fixed error with email error messages when no groups were selected
- Changed width of textareas on Invite New Members tab
- 0.5 – April 9, 2010
- Enabled Opt Out option for invitees
- Subject line is now customizable by the admin
- Admin can toggle whether users can customize subject line and message body of invitation emails
- Some localization bugs fixed
- Filtered spammers from group invitation list
- Fixed bug that may have caused problems with some MU limited email domain lists
- Email Address field is now auto-populated on Accept Invitation screen
- Created admin toggle for group invites attached to email screen
- Added hook for additional fields on Invite New Members screen (as well as a hook for processing the additional data)
- 0.4.1 – April 5, 2010
- Fixed problem with email validation causing fatal errors on single WP
- Fixed bug that allows members to see Send Invites tab on profiles other than their own
- 0.4 – April 5, 2010
- New feature: Invite by email from the new Send Invites profile tab
- Links from group invite pages to profile Send Invites tab
- Removed “Send Invites” button during group creation on BP 1.2+
- Created admin panel for managing plugin settings
- 0.3.5 – March 30, 2010
- Corrected localization function (d’oh)
- Added Dutch translation – thanks, Jesper!
- 0.3.4 – March 29, 2010
- Added POT file and localization function
- 0.3.3 – March 16, 2010
- Fixed bug that kept non-active users from appearing in member list
- 0.3.2 – March 2, 2010
- Made it possible to use the plugin with friends component turned off (thanks for the idea, Tim!)
- Turned off Site Wide Only to remove PHP errors on some subdomain blogs (thanks for the feedback, Mark!)
- 0.3.1 – March 1, 2010
- When creating a group and not inviting anyone, success message now reads “Group successfully created” rather than “Invites sent” (thanks for the idea, Ray!)
- 0.3 – February 27, 2010
- Compatibility with BP 1.2 bp-default; file rearrangement to ensure proper loading with BP 1.2+
- Compatibility with BP 1.2 bp-classic theme (bp-default forthcoming); bugfixes regarding file locations
- Initial release