BP Lotsa Feeds adds a whole bunch of RSS feeds to your installation of BuddyPress. The following feeds are included with BP Lotsa Feeds (followed by the URL pattern where the feeds can be found):
- Networkwide comments by an individual member (/members/username/activity/comments/feed)
- Networkwide blog posts by an individual member (/members/username/activity/blogposts/feed)
- Activity updates by an individual member (/members/username/activity/updates/feed)
- An individual member’s friendship connections (/members/username/activity/friendships/feed)
- Forum topics started by an individual member (/members/username/activity/forumtopics/feed)
- Forum replies by an individual member (/members/username/activity/forumreplies/feed)
- All forum activity by a member (a combination of the previous two feeds) (/members/username/activity/forums/feed)
- A group’s activity updates (/groups/groupname/updates/feed)
- New forum topics in a given group (/groups/groupname/forumtopics/feed)
- Forum replies in a given group (/groups/groupname/forumreplies/feed)
- All forum activity in a given group (a combination of the previous two feeds) (/groups/groupname/forums/feed)
- A group’s new members (/groups/groupname/membership/feed)
- Individual forum topic posts (/groups/groupname/forum/topic/topicslug/feed)
You can make any of these feeds inaccessible by defining the corresponding DISABLE constant in plugins/bp-custom.php or wp-config.php, e.g.
define( 'BPLF_DISABLE_GROUP_UPDATES_FEED', true );
bp-lotsa-feeds.php for the proper constant names.
Hooks and filters are in place so that you can add custom feeds and feed templates.
Follow the plugin’s development at http://github.com/boonebgorges/bp-lotsa-feeds
- Upload the bp-lotsa-feeds directory to your WP plugins folder and activate
Thanks to Red Rover, the sponsor of this plugin.
BP Lotsa Feeds has been downloaded [downloadstat url=”http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bp-lotsa-feeds/stats/” get=”total” autop=”false”] times. Are you using this plugin? Consider a donation.
- 1.0 – September 28, 2010
- Initial release
Pingback: Teleogistic / New BuddyPress plugin: BP Lotsa Feeds
Thank you for this plugin!
Pingback: Expand BuddyPress RSS Feeds to Increase Collaboration and Participation within Your Community - WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress plugins, themes, news and help – WPMU.org
Feeds and templates are a great idea, thanks.
I instaled the plugin and have activated it but I don’t seem to see any new rss feeds. Might be that I’m just up to late. Who knows?
Anyhow, so where should I be seeing them?
Also does this plugin add an rss to the main forum page. You know so that the feed includes all forum topics?
What I am trying to do is find a way to pull forum topics onto my front page and it hasnt been easy.
Thought that maybe I could do this with an rss feed widget and your widget.
I’m using a studiopress theme with the buddypress addon from ron and andrea.
Is the plugin the way to go? if not do you have any sugggestion?
Ron suggested your activity stream plugin but I’m not sure it would do the trick. I want Forum Totpics displayed on the front page.
Ideally (and I’m sure I wont pull this off) with the the posters gravatar some also disaplying along with the topic.
forgot to click the email notification
I love your plugin but I couldn’t get it to work in widgets. I tried the standard RSS widget from WP as well as other RSS widget plugin but none work with Lotsa Feed. It keep saying error no such feed. But the feed does display on my web browser, just not being picked up by any kinda widget. Please help. Thanks
Ok, i forgot to click on the email notification thingy also 🙂
Cant get it to work! What ’email notification thingy’ are you guys talking about?