If you install BuddyPress on an already thriving WordPress installation, you’ll notice that existing blog comments and posts are not inserted into the activity stream. This plugin fixes that.
Installation and use
- Upload the directory ‘/bp-import-blog-activity/’ to your WP plugins directory and activate from the Dashboard of the BP blog.
- Select Import Blog Activity from under the BuddyPress Dashboard menu, and click Import.
- Back up your database, or at least wp_bp_activity, BEFORE clicking Import!
- Do not use this plugin with a version of BuddyPress earlier than 1.2 – recorded times and other stuff may not work!
- On a big installation you might hit memory limits! If so, open bp-import-blog-activity-bp-functions.php, and find lines 38 ad 39. Uncomment them, and adjust the numbers (currently 12 and 30) to keep the plugin from looping through all the blogs on your system. Then change the numbers and repeat until you’ve looped through all your blogs
- Generally speaking, I don’t recommend that you use this plugin unless you know what it does and what you’re doing!! I’m posting it here for educational purposes only!!
Is that enough exclamation points for you?
BP Include Non-Member Comments has been downloaded [downloadstat url=”http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bp-import-blog-activity/stats/” get=”total” autop=”false”] times. Are you using this plugin? Consider a donation.
- 0.1 – March 2, 2010
- Initial release