Posting this mostly for my own records.
Next week, I’m moving away from New York. Starting with a pizza tour a few weeks ago, I’m trying to cram in some quality NYC meals in my last stretch as a New Yorker. Some of these are classic places, some are on the list for sentimental reasons. Here’s a summary of where I’ve been in the past few weeks, along with a few places slotted for my remaining 10 days:
First, the pizza joints:
- Bagels: have been hitting my local, but would like to get a last trip to The Bagel Hole
- Court Pastry Shop, for the spumoni and maybe a lobster tail
- White sauce hot sauce – probably won’t make it to my favorite Halal cart (near Queens College), but trying to patronize all my neighborhood stands
- Some quality pastrami – probably Pastrami Queen, which is near my place and is ridiculous
- A last slice of the weirdly delicious cheesecake at my favorite diner