This plugin ives members the ability to upload attachments on their posts.
It’s a port of a plugin originally created for bbPress by _ck_. See the original plugin page here: http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bb-attachments/. _ck_ is not supporting this plugin anymore. Insofar as the code works, it is thanks to her; insofar as it does not, it is my fault.
- Upload to plugin directory and activate
- If you’d like to change the default settings (as described in step 5 here http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bb-attachments/installation/), you may do so by editing forum-attachments-for-buddypress-bp-functions.php
- Create a directory ‘bb-attachments’ one level above your WP root and make sure that it is writeable by the server. So if your WP installation is at /home/html/, create a directory /home/bb-attachments.
- If you want to make uploads possible for users with JS turned off, you will need to alter the <form> tags on your theme’s forum files: groups/single/forum/topic.php and groups/single/forum.php. Change
<form action="" method="post" id="forum-topic-form" class="standard-form">
<form action="" method="post" id="forum-topic-form" class="standard-form" enctype="multipart/form-data">
- If you have an unusual setup (in particular, if your WP_PLUGIN_URL is somewhere other than /wp-content/) you may have to play with the path settings in download.php and image.php to make things work correctly.
Read an older comment thread about this plugin.
Forum Attachments for BuddyPress has been downloaded 9,665 times. Are you using this plugin? Consider a donation.
- Russian – slaFFik
- Initial release
- 0.2 – March 19, 2010
- BuddyPress 1.2 compatible
- Removed the need for custom theme hooks
- Enabled inline images
- Improved download process to avoid header conflicts
- 0.2.1 – March 19, 2010
- Corrected redirect after deleting attachments
- Removed header requirements causing errors on some Apache setups
- 0.2.2 – March 22, 2010
- Corrected typo that was causing redirect conflicts with certain forum-related plugins