This plugin allows users to subscribe to email notifications of forum activity in their BuddyPress groups.
Use of this plugin for versions of BuddyPress 1.2 and higher is not recommended. New plugins, such as Group Activity Notifications, are more general (encompassing all group activity instead of just forums) and are built with BP 1.2 in mind. I encourage you to use that plugin instead, as this plugin will not be officially supported for new versions of BuddyPress.
Group Forum Subscription for BuddyPress has been downloaded 7,704 times. Are you using this plugin? Consider a donation.
- Initial release
- Bug fixes
- Compatibility with BP 1.1
- Bug fixes
- Quite a few bug fixes, especially with BP 1.1 compatibility
- Post reply bugfix for IE
- Updated readme information for installation with older versions of BP
- Resolved issues some users were having with PHP errors
- Moved stable tag away from trunk. Use trunk at your own risk!
- Localization complete. Shipped with four translations: French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Dashboard menu moved under BuddyPress section
- Forum Subscription notification block added to BP’s forum index.php pages
- Forum subscription notification block removed for non-logged-in users
- Fixed bug that subscribed non-confirmed users to forums created in standalone bbPress
- Admins can choose whether posters receive notifications of their own posts (off by default; not togglable in standalone bbPress)
- Fixed bug that prevented members of large groups from being subscribed to new topics
- Fixed bug that kept email headers/footers from being translated
- Fixed bug that kept subscribing banned members in bbPress standalone
- Fixed bug that didn’t check to see if members wanted automatic subscription for a given group in bbPress standalone
- Added topic title to bbPress standalone email
- Fixed bug that kept admin_menu from hooking correctly for some users installing BP in non-standard location
- 1.4.1 – March 27, 2010
- Loader file added to prevent crashes when BP is upgraded
- Duplicate notifications menu functions removed to ensure interoperability with BP 1.2 bp-default