By default, BuddyPress does not include comments from non-members (or non-logged-in users more generally) in the sitewide activity stream. This plugin records activity items for those comments.
The plugin has been tested on version 1.1.3 of BP, as well as the 1.2 release candidate. If you want to use the plugin for 1.1.3 or lower, you will need to uncomment the first few add_action and add_filter lines in the plugin file.
Technical caveat: Non-logged-in commenters have BP user_id 0. When BP creates the activity stream, it decides whether or not to show the Delete button by checking to see whether the user_id for the currently logged in user is the same as the user_id of the person to whom the comment belongs. Presumably, though, you don’t want non-logged-in viewers of the activity stream to be able to delete items from the activity stream at all. BP’s core code is not currently set up to make it easy to remove these buttons, so I employed an ugly fix. If you have changed your theme significantly from the default, you might have to adjust the filter bp_nonmember_comment_content (near the end of the plugin) to remove the button properly.
BP Include Non-Member Comments has been downloaded 1,446 times. Are you using this plugin? Consider a donation.
- 1.2.1 – April 15, 2010
- Added checks for spam status
- Fixed bug that made approved comments from site members appear twice (Thanks, Andrius!)
- 1.2 – April 6, 2010
- Adapted to BuddyPress’s new comment activity recording method
- Comment approval now posts to the activity stream as well
- 1.1 – February 22, 2010
- Normalized file structure to latest BP standards (bp_init)
- Fixed problem with deprecated bp_post_get_permalink
- 1.0 – February 7, 2010
- Initial release