The Anthologize fun has begun!
A few months ago, I held a successful Kickstarter campaign to support some development on Anthologize. In the past week or so, I’ve started work in earnest. This first round of development has consisted of a number of unglamorous but important cleanup tasks. A rundown of what’s been done so far:
- Improvements to the way that TCPDF stores its cache files, to avoid permissions errors that can mess up PDF export
- Improvements to the way tags and categories appear in HTML export mode
- Improved compliance with WordPress coding standards
- Rewritten plugin initialization, for better stability across various setups and decreased memory footprint
- Localization improvements
- Better compatibility with PHP 5.4+
This round of development was brought to you by Siobhan McKeown, an early and enthusiastic supporter of my Anthologize campaign. Siobhan is the proprietress of Words for WP, a delightful consultancy focused on writing documentation, publicity, UX, and other copy for WordPress-based businesses. She’s the best at what she does, and rumor has it that she also has a very famous musician for a cousin. Thanks, Siobhan!
The Anthologize Dev: Update 1 by Boone Gorges, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.